It’s believed that single Norwegian ladies are as cold as icebergs, and they’re difficult to approach. But the reality is different: women from Norway make men from all over the world who are seeking a lovely lady who they could date and fall in love with them. They’re calm and elegant, and it’s impossible to feel dull with them, thanks to the unique sense of humor they have.
The BestBeautyBrides team gathered these Norwegian dating sites for you—we tested them and picked the top-tier ones:
Norwegian women for marriage are born in a well-developed country and make their partners fall head over heels for them with their charisma and strong positive influence. If you want to find a mail order bride from Norway, you should definitely know about her life, habits, and preferences. Stay tuned to the BestBeautyBrides team to find out all about the things that Norwegian blonde brides like and what you can do to get them interested in you.
What makes Norwegian brides stand out?
Every culture has its peculiarities, but when you meet Norwegian singles, you may be surprised by the way they behave. What should you keep in mind about Norwegian women to develop relationships smoothly and without stunners:
- The status of a foreigner doesn’t give you any benefit;
- Girls are flirty, but they may not consider it the start of any relationship;
- They’re more assertive than other European women, so a Norwegian lady won’t postpone a rejection if you aren’t in her taste;
- Women are tired of cocky and reluctant local guys, so they’re more likely to appreciate a friendly and well-mannered suitor;
- Local girls make an impression of cold, heartless creatures at first sight, but you can remove this mask by being persistent and open-minded;
- They got used to a high level of living, so you should be creative to impress your date;
- Equality means a lot to them, so don’t neglect her opinion if she insists on something.
Interesting statistics about Norway girls for marriage
- The female population of Norway is around 2.68 million people, and over 20k couples marry every year in this country.
- The average marriage age for Norwegian single women is quite high – 36.6 years which is a popular tendency in developed countries where a big focus is put on career success and establishment.
- Unfortunately, 2020 was the year with the smallest percentage of people willing to marry, but the divorce rate has dropped significantly in Norway too.
- Only 9.3 divorces per 1k marriages are quite a low rate in comparison with other countries, and females tend to split up less rarely than men, so they can be excellent partners for long-term relationships!
- A good deal of people gets acquainted online in Norway. 31% of Norway adults used dating apps at least once, and the online dating penetration rate will reach 0.7 million people by 2027.
It means that the number of users is constantly growing on Norwegian dating sites, but local people treat relationships very seriously, so they need time to get used to a person, develop feelings for them, and enjoy a romance to the fullest.
Women’s profiles from Norwegian dating sites
Some traits of Norwegian wives to grasp them better
Let’s talk more about Norwegian mail order brides and their traits. This is where you can decide whether these women are suitable for you: I highlighted the most average things about Norwegian women to give you a slight idea.
What I find adorable about Scandinavians is their love of being obnoxiously punctual. You can’t just say “see you later”—they’ll require a precise date. If you really want to show your reliability, begin your date with a Norwegian bride by being on time.
Balanced and introverted
If you’re looking to date a sexy party girl—you knocked on the wrong door. Go date Latinas. Norwegian ladies are all about calm evenings, reading next to the cozy fireplace, and having hot cocoa—you’ve got the point. Another thing I find crucial to mention—Norwegian brides are never overworked. They know the balance between working and chilling (sorry for the pun), usually as I described above.
They mind PDA
First meet—shake her hand. Seriously—no affection demonstration in public. Norwegian wives are not touchy-feely at all and are quite conservative about that. Just remember to give her room to breathe and wait for her to break the walls.
This is not only about being busy and productive—but not excluding it—I mean “active,” implying fresh-air activity. Hiking, riding, jogging, and other “-ings” that require your physical health and outdoors. Norwegian wives can’t live without having outdoor activities—alone or with their spouses.
Where can a foreign guy meet Norwegian single women?
If you’re the highly active type, you can visit Norway to meet Norwegian ladies there. Another way for you to find the vikingness of your dream is by visiting a dating site. We at BestBeautyBrides spent a few months giving you a chance to choose the best site for marriage. Let’s be more consistent and talk in more detail about in-person and online meetings.
Offline—where, pros, cons
First of all, there are already two ways of dating Norwegian women this way: to go exploring local bars and cafes or to install the local dating app and find someone using it. Here is what it looks like:
- You are setting out to the capital.
- You sneak-peek into the bars, cafes, and pubs.
- You pick up women right there.
- Or you invite a girl somewhere via the dating app.
- Here is why it’s a good thing to go offline: you can build a strong bond, you can read the body language, and, finally, you won’t get scammed.
- Here is why you shouldn’t do so: the odds for you to meet the perfect, highly-matching Norwegian wife are miserably low. And you may spend a lot of money and precious time.
Online—where, how, what’s better
This one we, the dating experts, deem more reliable and working—since many of us got married this way or just had a huge success. Moreover, this way, you may look for other Eastern European brides. Let me give you an idea of how to do so:
How to meet Norwegian woman online?
- Sign up.
Create a profile, make it highly detailed, and set a nice picture of yourself.
- Manage filter.
Filters are geared entirely towards finding the perfect match—just set your preferences and let the search engines do the rest.
When the dating site gives you Norwegian single women start writing to those you find the most matching. Better choose four or five—the more you choose, the higher your odds.
- Here is why it’s a good thing to go online: almost 100% chance to find the perfect match. The highest possibility is to find a free, available, interested woman, also fluent in English.
- Here is why you shouldn’t do so: you may get scammed there. Harder to build a connection, especially over a distance
To conclude, I believe the online way will be more fruitful and time-saving. Even though it won’t guarantee your 100% safety—it guarantees your 100% odds of finding your ideal Norwegian mail order bride.
How much for marrying a Norwegian woman?
Let’s be frank: marrying a Norwegian woman would cost you much more than you may expect—more than marrying women from other European countries.
I’m not going to be unfounded, so check out the prices for online and offline dating in Norway. The costs were assembled by the dating coaches on the authoritative sites and confirmed by their own experience with Norwegian brides.
Online dating—prices for three months of chatting
I personally recommend using BravoDate or JollyRomance for dating European women—among all the resources we’ve tested, these are the most reasonably priced and are useful overall.
So, there you have it. Usually, you may not spend more than $100 per month (this includes video chat, presents, and active use of the platform in general). Presents are optional, but it would be nice of you to spoil your bride for a bit:
|Dating website fees||$300 for three months.|
|Presents and gifts ordering||$600 for two gifts.|
|Total for three months||$900|
In-person date with a Norwegian mail order bride
Let’s imagine your Norwegian women dating online went well, and you’ve arranged a date: now you need to book a hotel, a ticket, and plan your budget for two weeks of dating activities. Here is what I got for you:
|Taxi in the city||$100|
|Dating activity and meals together (two weeks)||$2,000|
The rest—visas, marital ceremony, total price
The wedding ceremony is often important, but it can be skipped or postponed. There is always a way to make it less expensive, but I’ll give you the average price here. Examine the visas as well: The K-1 visa allows you to marry a Norwegian mail order bride within your nation, while the spouse visa allows you to give her citizenship.
|Wedding ceremony cost||$12,000|
|K-1 visa cost||$800|
|Spouse visa cost||$500|
|The total of all expenses||$19,300 ($7,300 if excluding wedding)|
Norwegian dating culture
Every culture has its peculiarities, but when you meet Norwegian singles, you may be surprised by the way they behave. It can be challenging for foreigners to start dating Norwegian women since their vision of relationships and wooing may differ due to cultural peculiarities. Let’s have a look at a brief guide on dating culture in Norway.
|Feature||What’s in Norway?|
|Who invites||Men make the first move|
|Presents and flowers||Possible but not a must|
|Popular dating destinations||Hiking tours, clubs, bars, restaurants, cinema, bowling|
|Date bill||Split due to equality|
|Sex on the first date||Possible but not often|
|Calling back after a date||May take several days, so you need to be patient|
—”Flashpack” magazineNorwegians often date for a long while, keeping it casual (but often exclusive),” says Linn. “You spend a long time testing it out or ‘hanging out.’ I have known people who hang out for months and months before they call it a relationship.
Should you date a Norwegian woman?
You may be afraid of cultural differences, and that’s reasonable, but if you feel Scandinavian mindset is what you always wanted to taste and embrace, use the pieces of advice we’ve provided and you’ll success.